We have many recreational sports activities for our youth. Each of our sports are offered by its own oranization governed by its own volunteer exectutive boards to oversee their specific sports. These specific boards will administer their own registraion processes and to provide all the needed support for their sport. We at the Parks Dept provide facilities for these community based athletics. In most sports, we also hold non-voting memberships on their boards to stay in-tune with their happenings to ensure best practices are being implemented for the youth of our commnity.
FIELD STATUS & CLOSURES https://www.facebook.com/MadisonMsParksRecreationDepartment/
MRYC offers the following sports:
- Spring & Fall baseball is offered for ages 4-18.
- For more information on Madison Ridgeland Youth Baseball go to their web-site at https://www.mryouthbaseball.com/
- Basketball is offered for ages 5-18. Registration takes place around the first of October. Practices will begin in early December with games starting after January 1. All games are held at various Madison County Schools.
- For more information on Basketball go to their web-site at MRYC Basketball or call Peggi Rafferty at 601-331-1575.
Fast pitch Softball
- Spring & Fall Fast Pitch Softball Leagues are available for girls 4-16. Madison Ridgeland Youth Softball Club regularly coordinates with other local softball organizations to provide league play for our players.
- For more information on MRYC Softball go to their web-site at http://www.mrycsoftball.com/.
Mississippi Rush offers soccer in our area.
- Fall & Spring Soccer is offered for ages 4-18. Please check their web-site for dates.
- For more information on Mississippi Rush soccer go to their web-site at http://www.mfcsoccer.com/.
Tackle Football is offered for ages 8-12 (must be 8 by September 1). Registration begins mid June and ends around the middle of August. Depending on number of registered participants, combined age groups may be divided into individual ages.
For more information on MRYC Tackle Football go to their web-site at http://www.mryctacklefootball.siplay.com/site/ or call Peggi Rafferty at 601-331-1575.
- Central Mississippi Volleyball/Formerly MRYC Girls Volleyball is offered for ages 8-17. Registration is in January through the first week of February. Leagues are broken down by age and skill level. Girls will be provided a jersey, but are responsible for knee pads, volleyball spandex shorts and shoes.
- All leagues must have a minimum of 40 players in order to play. Should a league not form, your registration fee will be refunded.
- For more information, go to their website at cmvball.com
Lacross is a sport that has elements of soccer, basketball, football and hockey. The sport is great for all types of sizes and players and is also easy to learn and fun to play. Lacrosse is the fastest growing sport in the U.S.