All Madison Fire Dept. are certified car seat technicians. We will be glad to show you how and help you install you child’s car seat, free of charge. We prefer that you bring your child with you so that we may properly fit them for their seat. However, if you are unable to bring your child, we can teach you how to adjust the straps so they will fit your child properly. You may come to either Station 2 or Station 3. It is not necessary that you have an appointment, but you may want to call ahead so that we can plan around your arrival. Also keep in mind that, because of the nature of the Fire Service, we may be out of the station on a 911 call when you arrive even if you have called ahead. We apologize if this causes any inconvenience.
7466 Old Canton Rd.
(Across from Ridgecrest Baptist Church)
1353 Hwy 463
Car Seat Laws in Mississippi
Mississippi has a primary seat belt law. If law enforcement sees you without a seat belt they can and will pull you over! Car seat laws vary from state to state. Our law says that children from birth to age 4 are required to ride in a correctly installed car seat. At age 4 up to age 8 children under 65 pounds or 4’9” in height are required to ride in a booster seat. Other car seat tips:
- Children are safest in the back seat until at least 13 years old
- Read directions for your car seat and your vehicle before installing your car seat. If you still have problems, let a certified car seat technician help you.
- Children should remain rear facing in the seat until they are two (2) years old.
- When buying a car seat, check to see how easy it is to use.
- Never buy a used seat! It could be damaged or recalled!
- Never leave your child unattended for any period of time.
- Children ages 4-7, 65 lbs. or 4'9" are required to sit in a booster seat.
If you are taking or picking up a child and it is not part of your routine, use a reminder that you have precious cargo in the back seat!
If you have questions or comments that have not been addressed on this page, please feel free to call 601-856-8894 and we will do our best to answer your questions or find someone who can.