The Code Compliance Officer for the City of Madison is responsible for addressing the concerns and requirements in public health, safety, and welfare as related to use and maintenance of existing structures and premises by:
- Enforcement of the property maintenance codes for the purpose of maintaining and preserving existing structures in the community.
- Coordinating city efforts to promote compliance with housing, vehicle, litter, signage, commercial banners, overgrowth and nuisance ordinances.
- Enforcing the 2018 International Property Maintenance Code.
- Coordinating with Madison’s homeowner associations and individuals to maintain and enhance Madison the City.
Report Code Violations or questions to email@example.com
Current building codes for Madison the City:
- 2012 International Building Code
- 2012 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2012 International Fire Code
- 2011 National Electric Code
- International Code Council/American National Standard Institute A117.12003 - with amendments
Except as provided for in other regulations, no inoperative or unlicensed motor vehicle shall be parked, kept or stored on any premises, and no vehicle shall at any time be in a state of major disassembly, disrepair, or in the process of being stripped or dismantled. Painting of vehicles is prohibited unless conducted inside an approved spray booth.
- Exception: A vehicle of any type is permitted to undergo major overhaul, including body work, provided that such work is performed inside a structure or similarly enclosed area designed and approved for such purposes.
- Parking of Vehicles