“Prevention Through Education”
The Madison Fire Department is dedicated to serving the community. To do this, we offer a variety of programs:
- Car seat installation assistance – if you have questions concerning the correct installation of your child restraint system, you can stop by one of our stations and we will show you how to correctly install your car seat. The hours are: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm every day.
- Life jacket loaner program – if you need a life jacket for the day or weekend, come by Station 2 at 7466 Old Canton Road and borrow one! The cost is FREE!
- CPR and First Aid Training – this will help you prepare for an emergency. Great for schools, daycares, churches, boy scouts and girl scouts.
- Home Safety Hero – this program is for boys and girls from starting at age 8. The will learn what to do in an emergency, how to make their home safer, babysitting tips and more. This is a great program for children who may be staying alone or babysitting. The cost is FREE! Every child has hero potential!
- First There, First Care – this program is a must for anyone that is driving. It teaches you what to do if you witness a crash, how to protect yourself at crash scenes, and what you need in your first aid kit. The cost is FREE!
- Safety assessments for babies or the elderly
The City of Madison is fortunate to have Automated External Defibrillator (AEDs) at both Liberty Park and Strawberry Patch Park. They are located in a white cabinet by the restrooms. If you see someone who has collapsed and is not responding to you and not breathing, please follow these steps:
- Call 911 immediately. The address for Liberty Park is 810 Madison Avenue and Strawberry Patch Park is 271 St. Augustine Drive.
- Begin Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Power on the AED and follow directions.
If you are interested in learning CPR, please contact one of our instructors at 601-856-8894
If you are interested in any of the programs we offer and would like to set up a class, please call Lisa at 601-856-8894.