The Madison Fire Department has been protecting the citizens of Madison since WWII, when it began services with the use of two vintage 1946 fire trucks. Since that time our department has expanded considerably.
Two stations, one on Old Canton Road and the other on Highway 463, provide protection for the citizens of Madison and the outlying county area.
Our stations house two Fire Engines, one 3,000-gallon Tanker, one 75-foot Ladder Truck, one Rescue Truck, two Swiftwater/Dive Boats, one Dive Equipment Trailer and one Trench Rescue Equipment Trailer. This equipment is staffed by 36 paid Firefighters.